Weaving Yet Another Web For Women
Kay Koplovitz tells of being at a dinner in Paris not long ago with a group of friends including journalist Charlie Rose and casino tycoon Stephen A. Wynn. Back in 1977, about the same time Wynn was founding Mirage Resorts Inc. using junk bonds, Koplovitz had put together corporate backers and started a cable-TV network that she eventually built into USA Networks Inc. There were six changes in ownership during her two-decade tenure as USA's salaried chief executive, and Koplovitz departed in 1998 after control of the $4 billion company was ceded to Barry Diller. Meanwhile, Wynn was firmly in control of his creation and counting his zillions. "The only difference between you and me," Wynn told her, "is that I knew Michael Milken."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances