The Economy's Rising Tide
Lisa Jackson, a 25-year-old mother of two with a high school diploma, had never held a job before last spring. With the end of her welfare benefits looming, Jackson headed to a job fair near her New Carrollton (Md.) home and nabbed a position with a nearby Marriott hotel. When she showed up for work, Marriott immediately enrolled her in a six-week training class. "I was very surprised," Jackson says, of the company's investment in her.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress's Fault When Stocks Crash
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States