The Gloves Come Off Over Latex
When West Chester (Pa.) dentist Lise C. Borel broke out in welts, turned bright red, and couldn't catch her breath during a patient exam three years ago, the last thing she thought to blame was the gloves she had just slipped on. But like thousands of Americans, Borel is severely allergic to latex, the rubber-like compound in most medical gloves. Her doctors believe the condition has led to asthma and possibly heart problems, and warn that just a slight exposure to latex could trigger a life-threatening seizure.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.