Meet Fidel's Favorite CapitalistWilliam C. Symonds
Ian W. Delaney, chairman of Canada's Sherritt Inc., is probably the only North American CEO who displays in his office a photo of his family with Cuban leader Fidel Castro. It's a fitting tribute to a relationship so close that Delaney is arguably Castro's best-loved capitalist. "Sherritt does business all over the world, but Cuba is my favorite," says Delaney, 51, adding that he is always warmly welcomed in Castro's offices near the Plaza de la Revolucin.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself