The Soft Life Is Over For Thai BanksPete Engardio
As Chartsiri Sophonpanich enters a hallway in the headquarters of Bangkok Bank Ltd., dozens of employees melt away and clear a path, bowing with hands folded upwards in the traditional "wai" greeting. At 36, Chartsiri is the president and heir apparent to Thailand's biggest and most powerful banking fortune, a Sophonpanich fiefdom for three generations.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing