Nationsbank: An Excess Of Zeal?David Greising
NationsBank Corp.'s vital statistics are as robust and bright as the shiny facade of its landmark headquarters in Charlotte, N.C. With an entrepreneurial zeal rare among bankers, NationsBank Chairman Hugh L. McColl Jr. has pursued an aggressive six-year acquisition and diversification spree that has made it the third-largest bank in the country, with assets of $171 billion in September. Profits for the year may top $1.7 billion.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock