China And The U.S.: A Dangerous MisunderstandingBy
On the eve of a crucial visit by U.S. Secretary of State Warren M. Christopher, China has launched a crackdown on dissidents. China's most prominent activist, Wei Jingsheng, was detained on Mar. 4 and then banished to the provinces after dining with visiting U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for Human Rights John Shattuck. A total of 13 other dissidents were detained or arrested.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- Amazon Go Pushes Mediterranean Lamb, Skips the Chili Cheese Dogs
- Dollar Slips as Shutdown Drags On; Stocks Mixed: Markets Wrap