Federated's Slow Ride On The Up EscalatorLaura Zinn
Allen Questrom doesn't look like a man who has been to hell and back. Tall, slim, tan, and well-dressed, the top executive at Federated Department Stores Inc. epitomizes the soigne Seventh Avenue look. It complements the message that he is trying to impart to employees, suppliers, investors, and the press: After two years of the most complex and expensive bankruptcy ever seen in retailing, Federated emerged from Chapter 11 a full six months ago and is doing just fine, thank you. The new Federated, says Chairman and Chief Executive Questrom, "is on an incline, not a decline."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’