Spotify, Silicon Valley and Not-So-Tiny Desks
Here are your morning reads.by
My Tuesday morning train reads:
- Here’s Some "Simpsons" GIFs to Explain Trump’s Announcement About New Tariffs (BuzzFeed); see also How the U.S. Squandered Its Steel Superiority (Bloomberg View)
- Five Charts That Show How Companies Are Spending Their Tax Savings (Bloomberg Gadfly)
- Silicon Valley Is Over, Says Silicon Valley: the Rust Belt safari (New York Times); see also When venture capital becomes vanity capital (TechCrunch)
- Chuck Feeney: the billionaire who gave it all away (Irish Times)
- Lessons from Spotify (Stratechery); see also Premium Twitter feeds are for suckers (the Outline)
- The Eightfold Path of the Legendary Trader (Hacker Noon)
- Beware Fintech Firms Bearing Bitcoin (Bloomberg Gadfly); see also Bitcoin: Boon or Bubble? (John Kay)
- Everything Trump says makes sense when you just preface it with, “Donald from Queens, you’re on the air.” (National Review)
- How to Buy a Gun in 15 Countries (New York Times); see also Gun injuries go down by 20 percent during NRA conventions (Boing Boing)
- NPR’s Tiny Desk Is Actually Not Tiny at All (Vice)
What are you reading?
Credit Card Losses Surge at Small Banks
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE