Tax Loopholes and the Rules of Being Rich
Here are your morning reads.by
My Tuesday morning train reads:
- The Signs of a Market Blip or Something Worse (Bloomberg View); see also 1,000 Points Ain’t What It Used to Be (Servo Wealth)
- How Active Managers Are Fighting Back (Institutional Investor)
- The effects of 137 minimum wage hikes, in one chart (Wonkblog); see also 6 Reasons That Pay Has Lagged Behind U.S. Job Growth (New York Times)
- "Class-passing": How do you learn the rules of being rich? (the Guardian)
- The Biggest Estate-Plan Mistake: Losing It (Wall Street Journal); see also Here’s the Trump Tax Loophole Your Accountant Can Blow Wide Open (Bloomberg)
- The Death of Clothing (Bloomberg)
- How Immigration Became So Controversial (the Atlantic); see also The Last Time the U.S. Seriously Considered Merit-Based Immigration (the Atlantic)
- This Ancient Civilization Was Twice as Big as Medieval England (National Geographic)
- How Dockless Bike Shares Could Fix America’s Broken Cities (Wired); see also What Being a Bike Courier Taught Me About Our Broken Economy (the Walrus)
- The Philly Special: Inside the "Set of Stones" Play Call That Helped the Eagles Win the Super Bowl (Sports Illustrated)
What are you reading?
Why presidents usually avoid talking about the stock market
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE