Killing Costco and Saving Wine
Here are your morning reads.by
My back-home morning train reads:
- Will millennials kill Costco? (Washington Post); see also Amazon Go and the Future (Stratechery)
- How to See the Hidden Risks of ETFs (CFA Institute)
- How Hedge Funds (Secretly) Get Their Way in Washington (Bloomberg Businessweek)
- Those betting that the VIX will remain low need to stay aware of the feedback loop (London Review of Books)
- The Rise of the Tech Model May Soon Make You Obsolete (Institutional Investor); see also Can You Pick Managers Better Than an Algorithm? (Institutional Investor)
- Mexico’s drug cartels, now hooked on fuel, cripple nation’s refineries (Reuters)
- Who’s Your Real Boss? (Behavioral Scientist)
- Souring World Views of Trump Open Doors for China and Russia (New York Times)
- Winemakers Turn to MIT to Save Pinot Noir in Warming Temperatures (Bloomberg)
- USC study finds that more than 90 percent of recent Grammy nominees are men (LA Times)
What are you reading?
Someone Tell Mnuchin: The Dollar Is Weak Already
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE