Strange Days, Misfits and Fixing Uber
Here are your morning reads.by
My Tuesday morning train reads:
- How America Has Changed During Trump's First Year in Office, By the Numbers (NPR); see also President Trump's First Year, in 14 Metrics (Bloomberg View)
- How a Misfit Group of Computer Geeks and English Majors Transformed Wall Street (New York)
- Medical advances increase the odds you're going to need more in your 401(k) (USA Today) but see Rattner: The Market Isn’t Bullish for Everyone (New York Times)
- How to Fix Uber in Six Not-So-Easy Steps (Bloomberg View)
- You Think Your Landlord Is Bad? Try Renting From Wall Street (the Intercept); see also AFR Report: Wall Street and Single Family Rentals (Americans for Financial Reform)
- Number of stock indices at 3m dwarfs tally of quoted companies (Financial Times)
- Sustaining retirement income in a lower-return world (Vanguard Blog); see also No. 1 Reason for 401k Frustration (401(k) Specialist)
- When Humans War, Animals Die (the Atlantic)
- A Roundup of the Strangest Moments of Trump's First Year in Office (Digg); see also Turn and face the strange: The 12 weirdest days from Trump's first year (the Guardian)
- 2017 was one of the hottest years on record (Syfy Wire)
What are you reading?
Netflix streaming subscribers by quarter
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE