Peak Pharma, Fixing the Subway and Mars Living
Here are your morning reads.by
My morning train reads:
- Donald Trump Didn’t Want to Win -- and Neither Did His Campaign (New York Magazine); see also Trump Tower meeting with Russians "treasonous," Bannon says in explosive book (the Guardian)
- A Hedge-Fund Titan Puts Away the Punch Bowl (Wall Street Journal)
- Amazon shipped more than 5 billion Prime items in 2017 (Quartz)
- How Systematic Internalizers Will Change Trading (Bloomberg)
- Workers in 18 States Get Minimum-Wage Increases (Real Time Economics)
- We Have Reached Peak Pharma. There’s Nowhere to Go But Down. (Undark)
- Fashion insiders love this outlaw Instagram account that says everything they’re too scared to say (Quartz)
- Why New York crime has plunged to record lows (Christian Science Monitor); see also What Would It Take to Fix New York’s Subway? (New York Times)
- John Dean: Nixon "Might Have Survived If There’d Been a Fox News" (Politico)
- My Year on “Mars” (Scientific American)
What are you reading?
In Cities With Low Unemployment, Wages Starting to Rise
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE