Puppet Shows, Breakthroughs and 'Blade Runner'
Here are your morning reads.by
My midweek morning train reads:
- Just 4 percent of publicly traded companies account for all of the gains (Bloomberg View)
- A Rare Joint Interview with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella and Bill Gates (Wall Street Journal)
- The Tide Is Turning Against Big Tech’s Monopolies (Chicago Magazine)
- Yellen's Masterful Bond-Market Puppet Show (Bloomberg Gadfly)
- Eight Lessons from Germany's Elections (Spiegel); see also How Nixon's Hatred of the Press Led to His Downfall (Daily Beast)
- Gene Therapy Is Nearing a Major Breakthrough (Barron's)
- There's a $136,400 reason so many Americans feel they haven't made economic progress (Business Insider)
- New study: We’re outpacing the most radical climate event we know of (Ars Technica)
- Colbert, Kimmel and the Politics of Late Night (New York Times); see also Jerry Seinfeld Breaks Down a Joke (Wall Street Journal)
- Inside the Making of the "Blade Runner" Sequel (Wall Street Journal)
What are you reading?
New home sales decrease
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE