Puerto Rico's Desperation and Predicting Amazon's Future
Here are your morning reads.by
My Tuesday morning train reads:
- The History of Sears Predicts Nearly Everything Amazon Is Doing (the Atlantic)
- Customer Experience Is The Product (Huffington Post); see also Whole Foods Shows What Economists Don’t Know (Bloomberg View)
- Dow 1,000,000 (Barron’s)
- How Apple Built An iPhone Camera That Makes Everyone a Professional Photographer (BuzzFeed); see also Apple iPhone 8 Plus reviewed: The best smartphone camera we’ve ever tested (DxOMark)
- The Education of Ray Dalio (Institutional Investor)
- Before Wisconsin, Foxconn Vowed Big Spending in Brazil. Few Jobs Have Come. (New York Times); see also Business Loves Government Hand-Holding (Bloomberg View)
- 68 Things You Cannot Say on China’s Internet (New York Times)
- Hot, isolated, and running out of supplies, parts of Puerto Rico near desperation (Washington Post); see also Maria’s Trail of Destruction in Puerto Rico (Bloomberg)
- Enforcer or "choke point"? Kelly seeks to bring order to chaotic White House. (Washington Post)
- Not just a knee (CNN); see also Trump denies NFL kneel row race-related (BBC)
What are you reading?
The price of bitcoin has a 91% correlation with Google searches for bitcoin
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE