Booms, Flops, Disruptions and Flaws
Here are your morning reads.by
My early Chicago morning hotel reads:
- The ethical investment boom (Financial Times)
- We Remember Predictions That Come True But Forget the Ones That Flop (Slate)
- Characteristics of highly accomplished investors (Zen Investor)
- They’re Coming For Your 401(k) (Reformed Broker)
- The U.S. remains a low-tax country, even if President Trump keeps oddly saying otherwise (AEI); see also The Incredible Shrinking Corporate Tax Bill (Bloomberg View)
- Harvey flooded 13 of the U.S.’s most toxic waste sites and the EPA says 11 are still inaccessible (Quartz)
- Has disruption from e-commerce run its course? (13D Research)
- If You Think Trump’s Summer Was a Bummer, Wait ’Til Fall Starts (Daily Beast); see also Mueller teams up with New York attorney general in Manafort probe (Politico)
- Those 3 percent of scientific papers that deny climate change? A review found them all flawed (Quartz)
What are you reading?
Hurricane Irma Will Be Dangerous No Matter Where It Makes Landfall
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE