Tough Love and Hot Prospects
My Tuesday morning train reads:
- Uber: (Not So) Evil Stepmother (L2); see also Uber’s new CEO Dara Khosrowshahi has mastered a different part of the travel economy — but Uber is a different beast (Recode)
- The inside story of what it took to keep a Texas grocery chain running in the chaos of Hurricane Harvey (LinkedIn)
- Bridgewater’s Ray Dalio Dives Deeper Into the "Principles" of Tough Love (DealBook); see also Dalio’s Quest to Outlive Himself (Bloomberg)
- MAGA Muppet Bait (Reformed Broker)
- Harvey: Terror, heartbreak and heroism as five Houstonians brave America’s worst storm (Houston Chronicle); see also How Federal Flood Insurance Puts Homes at Risk (New York Times)
- The Crowded Trades of a Scary September: Maybe it’s time for a contrarian play. (Barron’s)
- Why a 24-Year-Old Chipmaker Is One of Tech’s Hot Prospects (New York Times); see also Get Ready for Technological Upheaval by Expecting the Unimagined (New York Times)
- Stop Faking Service Dogs (Outside)
- An Intimate History of Antifa (New Yorker); see also The Rise of the Violent Left (the Atlantic)
- Mean Reversion Much? The Mysterious Disappearance of Aaron Judge (Wall Street Journal)
Be sure to check out our Masters in Business interview for the return of Laurence Juber, musicologist and guitarist extraordinaire, on the release of his latest acoustic guitar album, "LJ Can’t Stop Playing the Beatles!"
Debt Ceiling Fears
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org