Stocks Are Soaring, and Other Good Problems to Have
My two-fer-Tuesday morning train reads:
- Six Trillion Reasons for Stocks’ Rise (Bloomberg Gadfly) see also The Market Is High. Beware of Portfolio Drift. (New York Times)
- I’m buying gold. This is not a typo. (Irrelevant Investor)
- Uber’s New CEO (Stratechery) see also Tesla’s Push to Build a Self-Driving Car Sparked Dissent Among Its Engineers (Wall Street Journal)
- What Do the Best Investors Do That the Rest Don’t? (Behavioral Value Investor)
- Trump’s Tax Cuts Delight Wall Street as Debt Worries Fade (Bloomberg) see also Born-Again Fiscal Hawks Turn Into Doves (Bloomberg View)
- How to go to college for free in America (Quartz)
- Artificial intelligence risks (Statistical Ideas) see also A Handful of Tech Companies Decide Who Has Free Speech Online. That’s Not Good. (Inc)
- Jason Morgan Remembers Discovering Earth’s Tectonic Plates (Quanta)
- Bidding wars in July: Fevered Portland homebuyers pay more than asking price (The Oregonian) see also Portland Amazon offices include AWS Elemental (The Oregonian)
- The Unprecedented Flooding in Houston, in Photos (The Atlantic)
What are you reading?
Introducing the Amazon Survivors Index
Source: Bespoke Investment Group
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Philip Gray at firstname.lastname@example.org