How to Ruin a Summer Vacation
My morning train reads:
- This is how many fund managers actually beat index funds (MarketWatch)
- Every big trend has unintended side effects (Abnormal Returns)
- How Markets Overcame Past Geopolitical Crises (Bloomberg View); see also What Could Possibly Ruin Traders’ Summer Vacations? (Wall Street Journal)
- How Wells Fargo’s Troubles Went From Bad to Worse (Bloomberg Businessweek)
- As net neutrality dies, one man wants to make Verizon pay for its sins (the Verge)
- The New Copycats: How Facebook Squashes Competition From Startups (Wall Street Journal)
- Flywheel Effect: Why Positive Feedback Loops are a Meta-Competitive Advantage (Medium)
- Fossil fuel subsidies are a staggering $5 trillion per year (the Guardian)
- New Clues to Universe’s Structure Revealed (NASA)
- Mighty, Cute: The Colorful History of the Best-Selling Porsche 911 (Bloomberg)
What are you reading?
Baby Boomers Who Won’t Sell Are Dominating the Housing Market
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org