A Brand-New Ballgame and Borrowing for Success
My it's August already? morning train reads:
- Driving Tesla’s Model 3 Changes Everything (Bloomberg); see also 5 unusual features in the Tesla Model 3, including an instrument-free dash (Los Angeles Times)
- A-Rod’s Next Chapter Is a Whole New Ballgame: Business (Fortune)
- Greenspan sets off alarm bells about what may come for bonds and equities (Bloomberg) but see Celebrating Greenspan's Legacy of Failure (Bloomberg View)
- Amazon’s name pops up on 10 percent of U.S. earnings conference calls (Venture Beat)
- Private Equity Doesn't Deserve Its Bad Reputation (Bloomberg View) but see Why Private Equity Really Is Capitalism at Its Worst (Rolling Stone)
- Netflix is carrying $20 billion in debt. Can it keep borrowing its way to success? (Los Angeles Times)
- Putin’s Bet on a Trump Presidency Backfires Spectacularly (New York Times); see also Realism on Russia: We must investigate claims of Russian interference in the election, while also de-escalating a dangerous crisis. (the Nation)
- Trying To Fix A Huge Problem In Science: The results of too many scientific studies aren't standing up to scrutiny. A group of scientists think they can change that (BuzzFeed)
- What it’s like to do comedy when your dad is a legend (Washington Post); see also Searching for the punchline in the covfefe era (California Sunday)
- 10 Things We Learned From Dr. Dre/Jimmy Iovine Doc "The Defiant Ones" (Rolling Stone)
What are you reading?
Political Drama Is Hitting the Dollar Hard
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org