Gold Tricks, Nuclear Threats and Kid Rock
My morning train reads:
- Howard Marks Gets Bearish (Oaktree Capital)
- Why Can’t Americans Ditch Checks? (Bloomberg)
- 11 Great American Companies That Have Totally Lost Control of Their Narrative (24/7 Wall Street)
- The gold trick (Moneyness)
- Maybe We’ve Been Thinking About the Productivity Slump All Wrong (the Upshot)
- The College Course Where the Military Assigns the Homework (Wired); see also How Cyberwarfare Makes Cold Wars Hotter (Wall Street Journal)
- London’s First Muslim Mayor Takes On Brexit and Terror (New Yorker)
- John McCain Is the Perfect American Lie (GQ); see also It’s Kid Rock’s Party Now (BuzzFeed)
- A Stanford University psychologist’s elegant three-step method for creating new habits (Quartz)
- Michael Lewis: Why the Scariest Nuclear Threat May Be Coming from Inside the White House (Vanity Fair)
What are you reading?
How Many Billionaires Would It Take to Save the Planet?
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org