How to Beat the Grim Reaper of Retail
My morning train reads:
- Major indexes haven’t gone a calendar year without a pullback of at least 5% in at least 30 years (Wall Street Journal)
- Why the grim reaper of retail hasn’t come to claim Best Buy (Los Angeles Times)
- The Financial Industry Needs to Start Planning for the Next 50 Years, Not the Next Five (Harvard Business Review)
- Stop Talking About Your Generation: Millennials and boomers grew up under very different economic conditions (Bloomberg View)
- A breakdown of Beyonce’s revenue shows how little musicians make from streaming (Quartz)
- Over 10 years, Martha Stewart has quietly become the perfect blogger (the Verge)
- The Man Who Got Americans to Eat Trash Fish Is Now a Billionaire (Bloomberg)
- Atul Gawande on Priorities, Big and Small (Medium)
- Lawbreaking Particles May Point to a Previously Unknown Force in the Universe (Scientific American)
- Can the Most Expensive Indie Movie Ever Break Even? (Wall Street Journal)
What are you reading?
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org