Tech Wrecks, Tim Cook and Steering Uber
My morning train reads:
- Most Of What You Probably Think About Investing Is Wrong (Fortune Financial Advisors); see also How Much Should You Save for Retirement? (Bloomberg)
- Putting the Tech Wreck Into Perspective (A Wealth of Common Sense)
- As Wealth Managers Vie for Slice of $166.5 Trillion in Private Assets, Profit Pressure Emerges (Wall Street Journal)
- Tim Cook on Donald Trump, the HomePod, and the Legacy of Steve Jobs (Bloomberg Businessweek)
- Why — and how — a successful law firm increased the wages for all of its employees (Quartz); see also The Amount of Your Compensation Going Toward Benefits Keeps Rising (Real Time Economics)
- Travis Kalanick is not ethical enough to steer Uber (Financial Times)
- Is America Encouraging the Wrong Kind of Entrepreneurship? (Harvard Business Review)
- Crash Override Malware Took Down Ukraine’s Power Grid Last December (Wired)
- Supreme Court could tackle partisan gerrymandering in watershed case (Washington Post); see also Unpopular Trump is shrinking the GOP (Washington Post)
- The 25 Best Films of the 21st Century So Far. (New York Times)
What are you reading?
Donald Trump Makes Europe Liberal Again
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.