Who's Worried About Passive Investing?
My taco Tuesday morning train reads:
- A Few Big Stocks Don’t Tell the Whole Market Story (Bloomberg View); see also SNAFU: Situation Normal, All FANG-ed Up (AQR)
- Uber: A Timeline of the Company’s Growing List of Problems (Longreads)
- Why high-cost money managers aren’t worried about the passive investing boom (Yahoo Finance); see also Just Five Stocks Account for Nearly 75 Percent of the Nasdaq’s Plunge (Bloomberg)
- The Snowballing Power of the VIX, Wall Street’s Fear Index (Wall Street Journal)
- What Apple showed at WWDC expands computing in new ways (Recode); see also Apple’s Strengths and Weaknesses (Stratechery)
- Factories Won’t Bring Back the American Dream (Bloomberg Businessweek)
- No, you’re not entitled to your opinion (the Conversation); see also To err is human; so is the failure to admit it (the Economist)
- How Russia Targets the U.S. Military (Politico)
- In Watergate, One Set of Facts. In Trump Era, Take Your Pick. (New York Times); see also My Lawyers Got Trump to Admit 30 Lies Under Oath (Bloomberg View)
- Inside Walt Mossberg’s gadget museum (the Verge)
What are you reading?
Experts Are Hilariously Bad at Forecasting Solar Installations
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com