Strengths, Weaknesses and Endangered Species
My "We still have an attorney general?" morning train reads:
- The $110 billion arms deal to Saudi Arabia is fake news (Brookings)
- Apple’s Strengths and Weaknesses (Stratechery); see also Why Apple is struggling to become an artificial-intelligence powerhouse (Washington Post)
- The Bernie Madoff Fraud: Five Lessons for Investors from "The Wizard of Lies" (Advisor Perspectives)
- HBO’s "Silicon Valley" tackled an issue that’s all too familiar to startups: The threat of frivolous patent litigation (Recode)
- Are shopping malls an endangered species? (USA Today)
- There’s no good way to kill a bad idea (Quartz)
- Bad tradecraft: How the Intercept may have outed its own leaker (LA Times)
- The Lawless Presidency (New York Times); see also Four top law firms turned down requests to represent Trump (Yahoo)
- These Easy-Drinking Craft Beers Will Be Your Best Friends This Summer (Bloomberg)
- Jim Jefferies joins the late-night TV crowd. He’ll try not telling too many Trump jokes. (Washington Post)
What are you reading?
Bad News Bears Throw in Towel
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org