Amazon's Epic Run and Paris Hilton Forever
My Russia-free, fully declassified Taco Tuesday morning train reads:
- Amazon’s epic 20-year run as a public company, explained in five charts (Recode); see also The new Echo is the perfect gateway into all things Amazon (Quartz)
- Paris Hilton Invented Everything You’re Doing in 2017, and She Knows It (W Magazine)
- The Vix Article Nobody Will Like (Macro Tourist); see also Life is getting ever more volatile — or is it? (Tim Harford)
- Hedge Fund Managers Don’t Always Beat the Market, but They Still Make Billions (DealBook)
- "WannaCry" ransomware attack shows why Apple refused to hack terrorist’s iPhone (LA Times); see also WannaCry About Business Models (Stratechery)
- Pitchfork Grows Up (Bloomberg Businessweek)
- Under Trump, inconvenient data is being sidelined (Washington Post) but see Why Investors Should Trust Hard Data More (Bloomberg View)
- Much of life is beyond our control, but dining smartly can help us live healthier, longer (Harvard Gazette)
- Unity Was Emerging on Sentencing. Then Came Jeff Sessions. (New York Times); see also The 5 Scariest Things About Jeff Sessions’s Drug Sentencing Memo (City Lab)
- How Lonzo and LaVar Ball figured out how to get — and keep — our attention (ESPN)
What are you reading?
The 2017 Rich List of the World’s Top-Earning Hedge Fund Managers
Source: Institutional Investor’s Alpha
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org