The World's Most Valuable Resource
My getting-on-West-Coast-time, not-so-early morning reads:
- The Stock Market Is Weirdly Calm. Here’s a Theory of Why. (the Upshot); see also The Surprising Losers From the VIX’s Decline (Wall Street Journal)
- Into the teeth of the next bear (Reformed Broker)
- The world’s most valuable resource is no longer oil, but data (the Economist)
- The 20 Best Investing Blogs of 2017 (College Investor)
- Closing the self-awareness gap (Abnormal Returns); see also People Lie, But Search Data Tell the Truth (Bloomberg View)
- Researchers have answered a big question about the decline of the middle class (Wonkblog)
- How Houston has become the most diverse place in America (LA Times)
- Comey’s Firing Is — and Isn’t — Like Nixon’s Saturday Night Massacre (New Yorker)
- Humanity’s strange new cousin is shockingly young — and shaking up our family tree (Washington Post)
- The Most Surprising Star in NBA History (Wall Street Journal)
What are you reading?
To EEM or Not to EEM
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org