Staffing Struggles and Hawks Who Aren't
1. David Lewis at the Monkey Cage on what's gone wrong in staffing the executive branch.
2. While Douglas L. Kriner and Eric Schickler, also at the Monkey Cage, look at what's going wrong with congressional investigations.
3. Matt O'Brien at Wonkblog isn't impressed with Donald Trump's tax "plan."
4. My Bloomberg View colleague Megan McArdle is even less impressed with the "plan" -- and what it says about how this administration does policy. Yup.
5. And Kevin Drum is really ready for people to stop pretending that the Republican Party is full of fiscal hawks almost 40 years after they became the party of big deficits.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.