Serendipity, Luck and Conspiracy Theories
At 99 days in, our morning train reads:
- The education of Donald Trump (Politico)
- Is the Nasdaq Topping Out? Judging the Staying Power of Record Markets (Bloomberg View)
- Rob Arnott, "Godfather of Smart Beta," Tells Investors: You’re Doing It Wrong (Wall Street Journal)
- The crucial money decision Elon Musk made when he was broke (CNBC)
- Ten Year Futures (Benedict Evans)
- Life Is Serendipity (Santa Clara Magazine); see also Luck looms larger in success than most of us think (Cornell Chronicle)
- George Soros Took Control of 183 Groups and 12 People So Far This Year, According to Alex Jones and InfoWars (Daily Beast)
- Is Every Speed Limit Too Low? (Priceonomics)
- Meet the Woman Who Took Bill O’Reilly Down (Marie Claire)
- On the generous curiosity of Jonathan Demme and how he allowed audiences along for the ride (LA Times)
Be sure to check out our Masters in Business interview this weekend with Meir Statman, Santa Clara University professor of finance and author of "What Investors Really Want" and his latest, "Finance for Normal People."
Trump’s Hard Line Collides With Demographics
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.