Angel Investing and Fighting Fake News
My midweek morning train reads:
- Index Funds Are Finally Sexy. What a Shame. (Bloomberg View); see also Where nearly everyone is below average: Investing in funds (USA Today)
- From Netflix to rented homes, why are we less interested in ownership? (New Statesman)
- Just Say NO To Angel Investing (Financial Samurai)
- Elevators in an age of higher towers and bigger cities (Curbed)
- Why Bargain Travel Sites May No Longer Be Bargains (Backchannel)
- Can Facebook Fix Its Own Worst Bug? (New York Times Magazine); see also Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales launches Wikitribune, a large-scale attempt to combat fake news (Nieman Lab)
- An artificial womb being tested on lambs could help preemies (MIT Technology Review)
- Climate Denial In Schools: A new wave of state bills could allow public schools to teach lies about climate change (Vice)
- Bow wow: Scientists create definitive canine family tree (the Guardian)
- Have Trump’s first 100 days been a success? Here’s what experts have to say (NBC News)
What are you reading?
How America feels about abortion
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com