The King's Two Bodies and Trump's Insecurity
1. At the Monkey Cage, Erica Chenoweth and her research team report on March protests against Donald Trump.
2. Twitter accounts and the "king's two bodies," from Quinta Jurecic at Lawfare. I prefer to think about the double life of politicians in modern times (including Shakespeare's Henry V) in terms of representation, not monarchy, but I could be wrong!
3. My Bloomberg View colleague Francis Wilkinson on "Democrats in disarray." The big question for Democrats is whether they'll be ready to govern the next time they have a chance. The rest of it will mostly take care of itself, and some internal bickering along the way is unlikely to turn out to matter.
4. Jamelle Bouie at Slate on Trump's insecurity.
5. And good Jonathan Chait item on Trump's less-than-they-seem executive orders and other actions.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.