Meltdowns, Miseries and Makeovers
My Taco Tuesday morning train reads:
- A history of global living conditions in 5 charts (Our World In Data)
- Advisers split on whether cutting fees for clients is good business (Investment News); see also How to Create Your Own Variable Annuity (Teachable Moment)
- Our Puny Human Brains Are Terrible at Thinking About the Future (Slate)
- A Trump-Era Strategy for Municipal Bonds (Barron’s); see also The Muni Market Turns Toward Washington (New York Times)
- Mark Zuckerberg’s Makeover Is a Political Campaign Without the Politics (BuzzFeed)
- What in the World Is Causing the Retail Meltdown of 2017? (the Atlantic); see also Is American Retail at a Historic Tipping Point? (New York Times)
- How to Really Simplify the Tax Code (Economix)
- The Airline Industry: Overpacking Planes Since the 1940s (Bloomberg View); see also United Isn’t the Reason Air Travel Is So Miserable (Slate)
- Shouldn’t the Guggenheim Be Called the Ehrenwiesen? (Bloomberg View)
- The Revenge of Stephen Curry, the Happy Warrior (GQ); see also Mike Conley: The NBA Player Who Is Technically Perfect (Wall Street Journal)
What are you reading?
Investors Follow the Herd
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com