Pension Problems, Horrible Tweets and Blockbusters
My end-of-the-short-week morning train reads:
- Indexes Beat Stock Pickers Even Over 15 Years: New data show that 82% of all U.S. funds trailed their respective benchmarks over 15 years (Wall Street Journal)
- Just Keep Buying: It works (Of Dollars And Data)
- Keep ETFs Weird (CFA Institute)
- The cost of California’s public pensions is breaking the bank. Here’s one reason this problem is so hard to fix (LA Times)
- Managing for the Long Term (Harvard Business Review)
- Why Americans Vote "Against Their Interest": Partisanship (Upshot)
- How to Know If You’ve Sent a Horrible Tweet (Esquire)
- Instagram photos could help put the “CEO of Purple Drank” behind bars for life (Vice)
- How Google Book Search Got Lost (Backchannel)
- The Stats of the Furious (Bloomberg)
What are you reading?
Weird Thing Happening to Global Profit Estimates
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org