Pension Problems, Horrible Tweets and Blockbusters
My end-of-the-short-week morning train reads:
- Indexes Beat Stock Pickers Even Over 15 Years: New data show that 82% of all U.S. funds trailed their respective benchmarks over 15 years (Wall Street Journal)
- Just Keep Buying: It works (Of Dollars And Data)
- Keep ETFs Weird (CFA Institute)
- The cost of California’s public pensions is breaking the bank. Here’s one reason this problem is so hard to fix (LA Times)
- Managing for the Long Term (Harvard Business Review)
- Why Americans Vote "Against Their Interest": Partisanship (Upshot)
- How to Know If You’ve Sent a Horrible Tweet (Esquire)
- Instagram photos could help put the “CEO of Purple Drank” behind bars for life (Vice)
- How Google Book Search Got Lost (Backchannel)
- The Stats of the Furious (Bloomberg)
What are you reading?
Weird Thing Happening to Global Profit Estimates
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Ugly Coded Critique of Chick-Fil-A's Christianity
- Trump on Your Resume? Uh-Oh
- First It Was a Warm Coat. Now It's Hot Fashion.
- Republicans Protecting Trump? Actually, It's Worse
- DNC's Hacking Suit Is a Missed Opportunity
- The Blockchain on the High Seas
- Trump Is Not Nixon and North Korea Is Not China