Rock Gods, Bad Deals and Killer Instagram
My midweek gluten-free morning train reads:
- Las Vegas Made the World’s Worst Stadium Deal and All It Got Was the Lousy Raiders (Slate)
- Swipe by Swipe, Chinese Smartphone Users Flock to Risky Investments (Wall Street Journal)
- HFT as an insight into where fintech is going (Alphaville)
- Evidence That Robots Are Winning the Race for American Jobs (the Upshot)
- Instagram Killed the Retail Store (Bloomberg Businessweek)
- Selling What They Preach: From Amazon to Apple, from Starbucks to upscale hotel chains, brands are making claims not just about what people should buy, but about what people should be (the Atlantic)
- Navigating the gig economy: Freelancers and independent contractors must plan ahead for taxes, cash flow, insurance, and savings (Fidelity)
- Trump’s big new executive order to tear up Obama’s climate policies, explained (Vox)
- Twilight of the Rock Gods (Wall Street Journal); see also Before and After Chuck Berry (New York Times)
- Winners of the 2017 Sony World Photography Awards (the Atlantic)
What are you reading?
Utilities’ Shift From Coal Is Set to Continue
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com