Hedge Funds: What's In a Name?
My Texas-based Taco Tuesday morning reads:
- Jonathan Portes recommends the best things to read on Brexit (Five Books)
- Bull Or Bear: Should Investors Still Care? (Barron’s) but see What are the 7 signs of a bear market? (USA Today)
- Will The Rise of Factors Kill Factor Investors? (Irrelevant Investor)
- Investors are easily swayed by a fund’s name, study finds (Evidence-Based Investor); see also Hedge Fund Flows and Name Gravitas (SSRN)
- Price tag of North Carolina’s LGBT law: $3.76B (Associated Press)
- Silicon Valley’s Quest to Live Forever (New Yorker); see also Want to live past 100? These centenarians share their secrets (PBS)
- Is your commute worth the pain? The real cost of getting to work (Financial Times)
- U.S. Officials: Info suggests Trump associates may have coordinated with Russians (CNN); see also New documents show Trump aide laundered payments from party with Moscow ties, lawmaker alleges (Washington Post)
- The Media Have Finally Figured Out How to Cover Donald Trump’s Lies (Slate)
- What Russia’s Latest Protests Mean for Putin (the Atlantic); see also Anti-corruption demonstrations sweep across Russia (the Economist)
What are you reading?
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com