Unplugging Sounds Great, Until You Try It
The Less-Tech-Is-More Business
Leonid Bershidsky celebrates simple tech in a world of multiplying features and content.
States Are Part of the Problem
Federalism is a beautiful idea, but Tyler Cowen argues that in reality it's also a bit of a drag.
Humans and Their Delusions
Nice Superweapon. Too Bad You Can't Afford to Fire It.
If your drone's missiles cost $100,000 a pop, you're not likely to actually use them. Military innovators have some alternatives in mind, starting with lasers. The future has finally arrived, and Tobin Harshaw offers a tour.
Markets are complacent. As they should be. Charles Lieberman reassures us that the economy is on an incredibly consistent trajectory.
- Internal Metrics Show How Often Uber’s Self-Driving Cars Need Human Help (BuzzFeed)
- Columnist Jimmy Breslin on Donald Trump (Newsday)
- Behind The Impressive Growth of Small ETF Issuers (ETF.com)
(Read Barry Ritholtz’s full daily news roundup here.)
- Shifting foundations in Chinese real estate
- Apple's iPad hopes meet harsh reality
- Tech kings' greatest enemy is in the mirror
(Read more from BV’s sister site for fast business commentary.)
Get Share the View every morning in your inbox. Subscribe here.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story: