Manipulating Data and Middle-Age Loneliness
- Looking Beyond The Election (Chief Investment Officer)
- 5 Ways "Passive" Investing Is Actually Quite Active (Bloomberg View)
- Investing When No One Really Knows What to Do (Wealth of Common Sense)
- The President Changed. So Has Small Businesses’ Confidence. (DealBook)
- Your Pension Check May Soon Be Coming From an Insurance Company (Wall Street Journal)
- Trump’s budget director claims Obama was "manipulating" jobs data (CNN); see also 19 times Trump called jobs numbers "fake" before they made him look good (Wonkblog)
- The biggest threat facing middle-age men isn’t smoking or obesity. It’s loneliness. (Boston Globe)
- Avalanche of hate (Statistical Ideas)
- Chatbot that overturned 160,000 parking fines now helping refugees claim asylum (the Guardian)
- If we assume global warming is a hoax, what should we expect to see? (Syfy Wire)
Be sure to check out our Masters in Business interview with Simon Lack of SL Advisors, former JP Morgan hedge fund seeder and author of "The Hedge Fund Mirage: The Illusion of Big Money and Why It’s Too Good to Be True."
Words, words, words
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org