Bad Trade Statistics and Hostility to Deals
1. Sarah Binder at the Monkey Cage on congressional procedure and the Republican health-care bill. Essential.
2. Also at the Monkey Cage: Daniel Muegge and Lukas Linsi on trade statistics.
3. While Dan Drezner tries to understand the Donald Trump administration's hostility to multilateral trade deals.
4. Good NBC item on what Republicans should have learned from how Obamacare was passed.
5. Sarah Kliff on how Republicans are acting now: exactly how they (falsely, for the most part) accused Democrats of acting in 2009.
6. Yuval Levin on the Republican health-care bill.
7. And my Bloomberg View colleague Megan McArdle has advice for Republicans on what they should be doing on health care.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org