Anti-Science, Tinder Select and No Taxes
My jobs day morning train reads:
- Profitable Companies, No Taxes: Here’s How They Did It (New York Times)
- New Force on Wall Street: The "Family Office" (Wall Street Journal)
- These States Aren’t Waiting for Trump to Get Funds for Infrastructure (Bloomberg)
- The Disrupters: Silicon Valley elites’ vision of the future (City Journal)
- The Trade Deal We Just Threw Overboard: Donald Trump wants to rewrite NAFTA, but someone else already did. Here’s how it went down. (Politico)
- How Anti-Science Forces Thrive On Facebook (BuzzFeed); see also Made A Facebook Profile, Started Liking Right-Wing Pages, And Radicalized My News Feed In Four Days (BuzzFeed)
- Tinder Select is a secret, members-only version of the app (TechCrunch)
- Bald Eagles Keep Dying And No One’s Talking About It (the Dodo)
- Stan Smith Knows You Think He’s Just a Sneaker (New York Magazine)
- Steve McQueen’s lost "Bullitt" car reportedly has been found and restored (LA Times)
Be sure to check out our Masters in Business interview this weekend with Simon Lack of SL Advisors, former JPMorgan hedge fund seeder and author of "The Hedge Fund Mirage: The Illusion of Big Money and Why It’s Too Good to Be True."
Fossil Fuel Majors and Pollution
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org