Surviving Big Data and Visualizing a Crisis
Our morning train reads are just as effective an Obamacare replacement as anything else we’ve seen:
- When America Was Most Innovative, and Why (Harvard Business Review)
- How to Beat the Robots (the Upshot)
- Excessive CEO Pay for Dumb Luck (Bloomberg View)
- An ETF focused on LGBT-friendly companies doubled the gain of its benchmark (MarketWatch)
- Will Democracy Survive Big Data and Artificial Intelligence? (Scientific American); see also Bigger Data Isn’t Always Better Data (Bloomberg View)
- Greyballing: The Uber Conflation (Stratechery)
- The Scars of the Great Recession: Visualizing the Crisis Across America (Of Dollars and Data)
- The CIA’s No Good, Very Bad, Totally Awful Tuesday (Lawfare)
- These strawberries aren’t red. Seriously. They aren’t. (Syfy Wire)
- What is light? (Cosmos)
What are you reading?
Recent Warmth Toward Affordable Care Act Persists
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com