Market Panic, Collapses and Reading the Classics
1. Cameron Ballard-Rosa, Layna Mosley and Rachel Wellhausen on the financial markets and the consequences of a possible panic over Donald Trump.
2. James Curry at Vox on secret bills in the House.
3. While Dave Hopkins asks a good question: What, if anything, is the White House doing to prevent the collapse of the health-care-reform effort?
4. Josh Huder at Rule 22 on the damage that Trump's budget proposal could do to the rest of the Republican agenda.
5. Dan Drezner falls back on the classics of international relations.
6. New presidential approval rate estimates from Nate Silver and FiveThirtyEight. Looks excellent. I'll probably begin using it about as often as I use the Huffington Post's estimates (and more often than I use the RealClearPolitics averages, which are quite adequate but, I think, a bit below the others).
7. My Bloomberg View colleague Timothy L. O'Brien has a great short video about why chaos is what to expect from the Trump administration.
8. And Max Boot on the Yemen raid and Trump's failure to take responsibility. He's correct about what Trump could (and should) have said.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com