Whales, Pessimists and Secret Dinners
My Tuesday morning train reads:
- Active Managers Should Love Passive Investing -- It Makes Them Better! (Alpha Architect); see also Why the stock market has climbed to record highs despite Trump uncertainty (LA Times)
- Paul Tudor Jones’ New Hedge Fund Pitch: Low, Low Prices (Wall Street Journal)
- An Active Voice for Bonds (Barron’s); see also The Mortgage-Bond Whale That Everyone Is Suddenly Worried About (Bloomberg)
- How Sam Brownback’s Kansas Tax-Cut Experiment Went Wrong (the Atlantic)
- Why Swedes overpay their taxes: Nordic people may be virtuous, but they are also prudent (the Economist); see also Sweden complains it is collecting too much tax (Financial Times)
- How to Keep Up With the Podcasts: Don’t (Bloomberg Businessweek)
- Beware the Pessimists! (Morningstar); see also Time to Restart That Old Capitalism Death Watch (Bloomberg View)
- Data point of the day: YouTube Tops 1 Billion Hours of Video a Day, on Pace to Eclipse TV (Wall Street Journal)
- 30 years after a star blew itself to shreds (Syfy Wire); see also First White Dwarf Pulsar in the Universe Has Been Found (Science Alert)
- Inside Trump’s Secret Dinner: A Side of the President You Don’t Ever See (Independent Journal Review)
What are you reading?
Trump won 90 percent of counties that saw double-digit median household income growth in 2009-2015
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com