Anti-Semitism and the Conservative Cool Girl
1. Kathleen Searles and Travis Ridout go through the research on emotions and politics. Great primer.
2. Pablo Balan at the Monkey Cage on Kenneth Arrow.
3. Also at the Monkey Cage, Kerem Ozan Kalkan on Americans' dislike of Muslims. Depressing.
4. At the Upshot, Claire Cain Miller and Kevin Quealy report on a new survey of political scientists about the health of democracy in the U.S.
5. Rich Lowry on why Republicans need more in the Oval Office than someone who will just sit around waiting to sign Paul Ryan's bills.
6. David Leonhardt on resurgent anti-Semitism in the U.S. Worth also pointing out the above-mentioned surge in bigotry against Muslims -- and that both Muslims and Jews have, individually and institutionally, been providing plenty of mutual support against the ugliness.
7. Rumana Ahmed at the Atlantic on working in Donald Trump's White House.
8. And Alyssa Rosenberg on Kellyanne Conway.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org