Uber's Strange Year and Cooking the Books
My morning beach reads:
- Two-Thirds of Americans Aren’t Putting Money in Their 401(k) (Bloomberg)
- How Uber got into this human resources mess (Recode); see also Reflecting on one very, very strange year at Uber (Susan J. Fowler)
- It’s Been 31 Years Since the Last Tax Overhaul. Here’s Why. (Bloomberg View)
- Where the World’s Wealthiest Invest Their Billions (New York Times)
- Anatomy of a Bull Market (Newfound Research)
- Trump Team Fosters Fears He’ll Adopt Alternative Economic Facts (Bloomberg); see also The Trump White House is already cooking the books (Washington Post)
- Meet the Macedonian Teens Who Mastered Fake News and Corrupted the U.S. Election (Wired)
- Venice Fights Back: The world’s most beautiful city has never been more threatened. But a passionate movement of locals is determined to keep it alive. (City Lab)
- ISIS is going broke (New York Post)
- A 7-year-old girl asked Google for a job and got a personal response from CEO Sundar Pichai (Business Insider)
What are you reading?
How Trump Spends His Time
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com