The Trump Tax Cut and a Slot Machine Cheat
My post-blizzard morning train reads:
- Norquist: The Trump Tax Cut: How much, how soon, how certain (Ozy)
- Endowment Sweepstakes: How Tiny Houghton College Beat Harvard (New York Times)
- Housing’s Drag on the Economy (Weekly Standard)
- Finally, Proof That Managing for the Long Term Pays Off (Harvard Business Review)
- Why Trump Can’t Bully China (Project Syndicate)
- Inside the Uber Side Hustle: For many ridesharing drivers, getting behind the wheel is just a way to market their real ambitions (the Ringer)
- Russians Engineer a Brilliant Slot Machine Cheat -- And Casinos Have No Fix (Wired)
- Bee optimistic: this drone can still pollinate plants even if all the bees die (the Verge)
- The Troll Taunter: A young Wikipedia editor withstood a decade of online abuse. Now she’s fighting back -- on Wikipedia itself. (Backchannel); see also I Helped Create the Milo Trolling Playbook. You Should Stop Playing Right Into It. (Observer)
- Stephen Colbert’s New Approach to Trump Is Working: The Late Show host has been much more direct in talking about the new administration, and it’s translating to a ratings boost. (the Atlantic)
Be sure to check out our Masters in Business interview this weekend with Danny Kahneman, behavioral and cognitive psychologist, author of "Thinking, Fast and Slow" and winner of the 2002 Nobel prize for economics.
Now 86 days without a 1 percent drop in S&P 500
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com