Tea Party Rhetoric and Bans That Backfire
1. John Patty at Vox on who is empowered by Donald Trump's executive action on regulations. Interesting -- although I suspect another answer is that everyone will just ignore it unless it's useful to cite it.
2. Also at Vox, Rachel Blum on Trump and Tea Party rhetoric.
3. Melissa Carlson at the Monkey Cage on how the travel ban could backfire.
4. Also at the Monkey Cage: Averell Schmidt and Kathryn Sikkink on secret prisons.
5. My Bloomberg View colleague Noah Feldman on the latest court decision in the travel ban case.
6. And see also Benjamin Wittes at Lawfare on what the 9th Circuit said.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com