Gullibility and Ignoring All That Noise
Welcome to February! My morning train reads:
- This Woman Is Turning Around Pimco (Bloomberg)
- The $2.5-billion mistake: A gullible Trump bought into Big Pharma’s inflated claim about drug R&D costs (LA Times)
- Swedroe: Lessons From 2016, Part One (ETF.com); see also Part Two and Part Three
- A Trump-Era Guide to Ignoring All That Noise (Bloomberg View)
- Don’t Bet on the Active Manager Revival (Asset Class Trading) but see The Case For Active Management (Medium)
- A Debate Over the Physics of Time (Quanta Magazine)
- The psychology of why 94 deaths from terrorism are scarier than 301,797 deaths from guns (Quartz)
- This Chart Helps Explain Why People in the Rust Belt Are Fed Up (Pacific Standard)
- Stop Problematizing Academic Jargon: It’s easy to mock specialized vocabulary. In these anti-intellectual times, we need it more than ever. (Slate)
- Inside the brilliant football mind of Belichick (Atlanta Journal-Constitution)
What are you reading?
Red Dots Show Every 2% Day
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org