The Value of Boring Old Politics
1. Dursun Peksen and Amanda Murdie at the Monkey Cage on the Women's March and the future of women protesting.
2. My Bloomberg View colleague Timothy L. O'Brien on Donald Trump and the truth.
3. Sarah Kliff at Vox interviewed Senator Bill Cassidy about his plan to replace Obamacare.
4. Alyssa Rosenberg on the importance of just-plain-regular political action. Quite right, but I'd somewhat disagree on one point: Many find ordinary political action such as phone banking, calls to representatives, get-out-the-vote drives and local party meetings -- and, yes, rallies and marches -- to be very fulfilling.
5. Matt Yglesias helps put opposition to Trump's cabinet in context.
6. And while I'm not sure I agree with everything Jonathan Chait says here, it's worth looking at and I strongly agree with one point: "There is no reason to believe Trump is actually good at politics."
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com