Dow 20K, Asset Bubbles and Troll Fighting
Our first morning train reads since the Dow crossed 20,000:
- We’re Already at Dow 30,000, You Just Don’t Know It (Wall Street Journal); see also The Dow’s Record Rise Sends a Former Wall Street Stock Broker Back in Time (New York Times)
- ETFs are eating the U.S. stock market (Financial Times)
- El-Erian: Trump’s Economic Approach Starts to Take Shape (Bloomberg View)
- Top Economics & Finance Blogs of 2017 (Focus Economics); see also Best Blogs to Read for Financial Advisors in 2017 (Advisor Websites)
- Pop Psychology: Why asset bubbles are a part of the human condition that regulation can’t cure (the Atlantic)
- Growth vs. Profits: Uber’s Cash Burn Dilemma (Knowledge@Wharton)
- Trump Knows You Better Than You Know Yourself (Antidote Zine)
- Fighting online trolls with bots (the Conversation)
- The End of Terrible Wi-Fi (Bloomberg)
- Mary Tyler Moore, Who Incarnated the Modern Woman on TV, Dies at 80 (New York Times); see also Five Great "Mary Tyler Moore" Episodes to Stream (New York Times)
What are you reading?
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org