Alternative Facts and Not-So-Fun Hedge Funds
Our Tuesday morning train reads:
- Alternative Facts for Trump and the Stock Market (Wall Street Journal)
- Struggling hedge funds still expense bonuses, bar tabs (Reuters); see also All the Fun Is Going Out of Hedge Funds (Bloomberg View)
- How You Can #Resist … With Your Portfolio (Reformed Broker)
- Blame Technology, Not Longer Life Spans, for Health Spending Increases (Upshot); see also To fight their negative image on prices, drug companies launch a major ad campaign (Washington Post)
- Fed Debate Over $4.5 Trillion Balance Sheet Looms in 2017 (Bloomberg)
- Much of the Cuisine We Now Know, and Think of as Ours, Came to Us by War (Smithsonian); see also The Ever Expanding World of Wine Takes Your Palate to Unexpected Places (Smithsonian)
- Andy Puzder’s fast-food industry sticks taxpayers with costs of supporting its workers (LA Times)
- Trump vs. Your Brain: What psychology tells us about life under a leader totally indifferent to the truth. (Politico); see also Trump’s real war isn’t with the media. It’s with facts. (Vox)
- The iPhone Unsung Sine Qua Non (Monday Note)
- Vaccine exemptions are on the rise in a number of U.S. states (Stat); see also Top 10 science stories of 2016: Gravitational waves, Zika, Proxima b and more (Science News)
What are you reading?
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org